Tuesday, May 24, 2011

CCU

Jared was admitted to the CCU on Monday, at Mayo.  He is doing okay he sleeps most of the time I imagine his body is consuming a lot of energy just to be here.  The doctors and nurses are fabulous and take such good care of Jared.  He now has a PICC line which he will be able to use at home for his IV medication.  They have started medication called Milrinone and Lasix drips to help get rid of some of the extra fluid and help his heart pump more efficiently.  One thing for sure this experience has brought me to pray night and day.  I wake up praying, I sit in the room and pray, I go to sleep praying.  Yesterday, I thought I ran out of things to pray about, and then I read a passage from a book.  God doesn't care if we say the same prayer over and over his ears are never deaf and it just gives our prayers more energy.  Today my repetitive prayer is that we may be with Christ like mind so we may know with God's wisdom, to see with Christ like vision so we may see God in all people and things, to hear with Christ like ears so that we may hear God's words coming through all messages and not miss a thing, and to have a Christ like heart so that we may love our all people and things as God loves all his children.  Amen  I am so grateful to be here with Jared for the time I get to spend with him.  I am grateful God has put him on the path that led him here to Mayo.  I am grateful for Ashden healing beautifully, and baby Jordan is so healthy.  I am grateful for all the people who have been so kind and generous and make much if this possible for Jared and Ashden.  There is so much to be grateful for when we look with Christ like vision.  God Bless you all may you always have peace within your heart and joy in your life.

6 comments:

  1. Linda I am so pround to have you as a sister, The inspiration you give to other and me is so outstanding, I know that if You keep God first and continue to pray that everything is going to be alright I pray that Jared and his family continue to live in happiness for a very long time, that his family continues to except the blessing that God give and That Jared has a fast healing time. and I say this in the name of Jesus christ. I love and miss you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brother! I happy to have you as my brother you are so important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear of your loss. My sister passed just 2 months ago. She was a CHD patient in need of a heart, liver and lung transplant. May God's peace fill your heart and bring you comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Linda, Ashden, Jordan,

    I am saddened today to hear about Jared. I send prayers that you all find strength to heal from this grief.

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted you to know how much your son has blessed this community. He will be missed. With his strength he has given me hope to have faith and let God be our guide. We may not understand today but, in time there is a reason for the loss of an beloved young man. May god give you comfort as well as Ashden thru the passing days. Your family will always be loved and may God and Jared watch over baby Jordan and his Mom!! God bless:) Love Wendy Dillon

    ReplyDelete