Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Feeling God's Strength

Thank you all for your comments, it helps to know so many are praying and yes I can feel God's strength.  I can also see his love pouring through each and everyone through your kindness, your words, your generosity.  All and all God's love and strength is the one constant in our lives.  One never knows when a tragedy can turn your world upside down.  I have a friend that has been out of work for two years and while she gets shaken at times her faith and love for God has remained strong.  We were talking a few days ago and she reminded me that even though we can't see the outcome and we may feel as if God is not providing for us, He is always there and once we get through the darkest times it will all make sense.
While we anxious for all this to be behind us, the blessings that are happening now are shaping who we are becoming.  While looking at Jared lying in a hospital bed hurting, he looked at me and said when all this is over mom I can't wait to start giving back to the community and people in need.  I believe God is orchestrating his life so he can do just that.  He can tell his story of how God's love and strength carried him through the moments of despair and suffering.  To witness a love one go through this is one of if not the most difficult experience I have been through.  However, I too am witnessing the amount of faith, courage, and love he has for God, for his family, and for people he doesn't even know.  I believe God guides us and speaks to us in various ways, one way is hearing just the right words from someone.  It is just a reminder that God is listening and while He may not be showing up like I think he should, He is showing up with something better.  Sometimes I don't know what the better is, I'm learning to trust in a completely new way.  I am learning to love in a new way, and I am learning to give in a new way.  All I need is faith of mustard seed, some days that is harder than others to gather, but I receive constant reminders He is with us.  As one of best friend says God is aware and on the job!  God Bless you all and have an amazing day full of happy surprises.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Linda,

    My friend Louise (from an spiritual board we both frequent) posted about you and Jared today. She asked to send donations, which I did. My heart goes out to you, because I am a mother too. And so I feel so much when I read of other mothers going through something tough with their children. I will post a blog post about your son Jared on my blog too. I am praying that he will get well soon, and that all this will be behind you all soon.

    Hugs from one mum to another,
    Swati

    ReplyDelete